Karin Weskamp and Associates are currently offering a Clinical Occupational Therapist Manager position.
This position is considered a combination post and requires experience in hand therapy as well as orthopaedic, physical, and neurological rehabilitation. Return to work and vocational rehabilitation forms a large part of the case load.
Please note that the successful applicants will be required to manage a patient case load of 20-60% and managerial work of 40-80%. You will have a team of occupational therapists (junior and senior) and will be required to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The environment in which we practice is fast paced.
While the position will be primarily based at one of our four practices in and around Cape Town. The successful applicants must be willing to travel to different locations and it is required that they have their own transport.
Requirements therefore include the following:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist, of which at least 2 – 3 should be in a managerial position.
• Proficiency with splinting and pressure garments will be required and experience in adult physical rehabilitation, neuro, orthopaedics and return to work as well as knowledge of the Workman’s Compensation Act would be preferred.
• Registered Occupational Therapist with the HPCSA
• In depth knowledge of anatomy, hand therapy protocols and physical therapy programmes
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict management skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills which will include meaningful treatment discussions with a multidisciplinary team
• Own transport/vehicle
Salary is negotiable and dependent on number of years and level of experience.
Applications close on 1 May 2022 at 17H00.
Please email a copy of your CV and any other relevant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not receive a response from us within a week of the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.