• Qualified Occupational Therapist with a Bachelors degree
• At least 3 years of clinical occupational therapy experience with at least one year in the domain of work practice specifically
• Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
• Excellent interpersonal abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The following will be advantageous:
• Experience in practice learning supervision of occupational therapy students
• Experience contributing to teaching of occupational therapy students in a Higher Education Institution
• Practice learning education of undergraduate occupational therapy students within Work Practice and possibly other domains of practice
• Development of practice learning sites for optimal student learning, and inter-disciplinary collaboration
• Scholarship to encourage evidence-based and reflective practice
• Development of relevant practice education resources and learning opportunities
• Curriculum, administrative and management contributions at Divisional and Departmental levels
• Service responsibilities to maintain and develop practice learning sites
• Travel to and between practice learning sites for supervision
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is R 490 556.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Tracy Moore at email@example.com
– UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– Motivation letter that speaks to the specific requirements of the position
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Telephone: 021 650 5405
Reference number: E230240
Closing date: 18 June 2023
UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.hr.uct.ac.za/hr/policies/employ_equity.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.