- All “full” members have equal privileges and benefits; student members have the rights and privileges of full members excepting they do not have voting powers
- OTASA is recognised as the official voice for OT in South Africa
- OTASA offers continuing professional development for occupational therapy staff – with reduced rates for members on all OTASA courses, workshops & congresses
- Branch network – OTASA has branches throughout South Africa, which will give you the opportunity to meet other OT Staff in your area and share ideas and experiences
- A national OTASA Congress is held every two years – the key scientific gathering of the profession, and is attended by international as well as local presenters
- All members have online access to the Focus Journal (3 issues per annum)
- All OTASA members can obtain advice on any OT issue either by contacting the OT Office (which is open daily) or their branch – you will either receive the relevant information or be directed to the right person
- Information on issues of importance to the profession (e.g. legislative changes) is disseminated by OTASA
The Crouch Bursary Fund provides funding for research in the field of occupational therapy, mental health and psychiatry.
Recipients of bursaries must be members of OTASA.
For more information refer to www.crouchbursaryfund.org.za
OTASA 2021 Application form now available or contact the OTASA office –